Researchers who discovered that mouse hair has a circadian clock - a 24-hour cycle of growth followed by restorative repair - suspect that hair loss in humans from toxic cancer radiotherapy and chemotherapy might be minimized if these treatments are given late in the day. The study found that mice lost 85 percent of their hair if they received radiation therapy in the morning, compared to a 17 ...
Scientists have found a compound in foods associated with Mediterranean diet that deprives cancer cells of their immortal nature, says a study. By altering a very specific step in gene regulation, this compound essentially re-educates cancer cells into normal cells that die as scheduled. One way that cancer cells thrive is by inhibiting a process that would cause them to die on a regular cycle ...
An immune protein that has the potential to stop or reverse the development of type 1 diabetes in its early stages, before insulin-producing cells have been destroyed, has been identified by Melbourne researchers. The discovery has wider repercussions, as the protein is responsible for protecting the body against excessive immune responses, and could be used to treat, or even prevent, other ...
A new study conducted by researchers at the Child Study Center at NYU Langone Medical Center found that men diagnosed as children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) were twice as likely to be obese in a 33-year follow-up study compared to men who were not diagnosed with the condition. "Few studies have focused on long-term outcomes for patients diagnosed with ADHD in ...
It seems actress Lindsay Lohan is struggling in rehab after the doctors cut her off from Addreall. The 26-year-old actress is completing her 90-day stint at the Betty Ford Clinic in California. And her friends are worried that she is lacking energy, reports femalefirst.co.uk. A source said: "Lindsay just doesn't want to be there. She was forced to go to Betty Ford by the judge instead of going ...
Silent Running [DVD]
Some three decades after its unsuccessful theatrical release and later elevation to cult status, Douglas Trumbull's Silent Running is terribly dated, but still intriguing didactic science fiction. Taking place in the early years of the 21st century, it posits a time in which all plant life on earth has been destroyed, and the only remaining traces of vegetation are in carefully nurtured for ... ...
Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Ghulam Nabi Azad and Minister of Health Switzerland Alain Berset held a bilateral meeting on the sidelines of World Health Assembly at Geneva with the aim of giving further impetus to cooperation in the field of healthcare. Speaking on the occasion, Azad said that friendship between India and Switzerland goes as back as Independence of India, ...
Women who smoke during pregnancy increase the risk of both obesity and gestational diabetes, in their daughters, a recent study has found. The study is by Dr Kristina Mattsson, Lund University, Sweden, and colleagues including Dr Matthew Longnecker from the National Institute on Environmental Health Sciences at the U.S.National Institutes of Health, North Carolina, USA. While the relation of ...
A new research has suggested that frequency of candy consumption is not associated with weight or certain adverse health risks. According to a recent data analysis, adults who consume candy at least every other day are no more likely to be overweight nor have greater risk factors for cardiovascular disease (CVD) than moderate consumers (about once a week) or even less frequent candy eaters ...
20 May 2013 150 Around 2,300 indigenous participants are expected to discuss culture, education and health during the 12th session of the United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues, which will include a special focus on youth, indigenous groups in Africa and the importance of strengthening ties with international financial institutions. "We must have a better understanding of the ...
Zach Sobiech, an 18-year-old whose battle with cancer became a global story, has died. The Minnesota native became famous when his song "Clouds,rdquo; which is about facing death, became a viral sensation on YouTube, topping 3 million views. The song was originally released in December of last year. The video was so popular that a group of celebrities were inspired to create a ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort
Only 20 miles from Kono International Airport on the Big Island of Hawaii. Access is easy, just turn left at ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Europe SunEurope Sun | All the News from Europe
The Sun covers all of Europe, and we are not talking about the weather. The Europe Sun is a major source of news for Europeans everywhere. People every day turn to the Europe Sun for breaking regional news, as well as stories from the vast number of countries and key cities in Europe. The online newspaper also brings you news coverage from the international scene, and business news and reports from the financial markets. There is a news poll regularly updated with votes on topics making the news. European and world sports cater to the sporting fans, and there are news articles about travel, lifestyle, stories on seniors and more. Weather forecasts are live. Covering Europe is no easy task, but The Europe Sun makes it look so. You can buy a newspaper in each city, or even the occasional regional newspaper, or you can look to the Europe Sun. Every day you will find news headlines from European countries Switzerland, Spain, Macedonia, the Netherlands, Russia, Portugal, Poland, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Finland, France, Hungary and Greece. Of course there is a heap more. Get the big stories from Paris, Vienna, Amsterdam, Brussels, Athens, Berlin, Dublin, Monte Carlo, Lisbon, Madrid, Barcelona, Stockholm, Geneva, and Zurich. Whether in Europe, on your way to, or from, this great land, go via The Sun.
Russian counter-terrorism agents have foiled a terrorist attack on Moscow, killing two of the plotters and arrested another.
The National Anti-Terrorism Committee said the terrorist group was located in a house in the town of Orekhovo-Zuyevo, east of the capital.
According to the BBC, the suspects are said to be Russian citizens who had undergone training in the Afghanistan-Pakistan region.
Unnamed official sources told Russian news agencies the group had planned to target a mass event in central Moscow.
All the three terrorists were Muslims and had been under observation for a month, a source said, adding that they had been trained in North Waziristan, a mountainous region of north-west Pakistan and a stronghold of Taliban and al-Qaeda-linked militants.
The authorities are investigating possible links between the suspects and the militant Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan, the source said. (ANI)
- EU antitrust regulators to rule on ICE NYSE deal by June 24
- Soccer-Belgian championship final fixtures
- Barloworld sells Belgian business
- Research and Markets Belgium Expected to Grow More Briskly Than It Did During 2001-2012 and Reach an Estimated $633 ...
- Lepchenko wins three-setter in Brussels Open
- Drinking alcohol during puberty makes you addicts
- Justin Biebers monkey to become German property
- The German Bund closed near opening levels
- Ethiopia Germany Supports Ethiopias Agriculture Sector
- Germanys $835 million blunder
- Man held for sexually assaulting girlfriend in Italy
- Armani wont use cash pile for Italian acquisitions
- Italian-speaking conman on the loose in SA
- Emirati art gains permanent home at Venice Biennale
- Lambton inheritance Selfish Ned is damaging our family
- Andhra markets GAME city at Cannes
- Depardieu to open restaurant in Russian city
- Justin Timberlake is in demand on Cannes red carpet
- Miley Cyrus and Paris Hilton trapped in swatting incident again
- Chubbier Keanu Reeves almost unrecognisable at Cannes Film Festival
- The Netherlands fifth best Western European country to invest in
- Top-level speed skating must stay in Friesland says champion Kramer
- Dutch bid for GB sailors
- Azerbaijani chess player beats Dutch rival in international tournament
- DSCA Notifies Congress of Netherlands F-16 Training
- Spain not yet on Brazils level Iniesta
- Jose Reina happy to resist Barcelona and remain at Liverpool
- Research and Markets Spain Storage Market Analysis and Outlook to 2020
- Sports Real Madrid confirm Mourinho exit
- LULAC Ban on Spanish in sports is disturbing
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Europe Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Poland Shale Boom Falters as State Targets Higher Taxes Energy
- SocGen Joins UniCredit in Warsaw as Equity Sales Surge
- Fitch Affirms Polands BRE Bank BRE Leasing BRE Bank Hipoteczny at A Outlook Stable
- Boruch Spiegel Who Battled Nazis in Warsaw Ghetto Uprising Dies at 93
- Warsaw graduation goes as planned with new leader