Former Polish President Lech Walesa has caused a storm of negative remarks in the European media, having said that homosexuals "have to sit on the last bench in the parliament, or even farther than that - behind the wall." Poland opposes the legalization of same-sex cohabitation, which has been promoted in Europe lately. This may become the reason to shake up Russian-Polish ...
LPP plans to open stores in the UAE, Kuwait, Qatar and Saudi Arabia in 2014 and is looking to open more than ten new stores annually in the region, deputy chief executive Dariusz Pachla told the Warsaw Business ...
Separate accidents in New Berlin left a 22-year-old man dead and a 15-year-old girl in critical condition. Dustin Hanson of Big Bend died Saturday of injuries sustained in a traffic accident Friday at the intersection of Moorland Road and Coffee Road. Hanson was operating a motorcycle going southbound on Moorland Road when it collided with an automobile turning westbound onto Coffee Road, ...
Restaurants must use pre-packaged oil in a tamper-proof bottle from now on, while opponents claim the move will largely harm small-time ...
Wisla Krakow 0 Standings P W D L F A Pts 1 Legia Warsaw 27 19 5 3 53 21 62 ------------------------- 2 Lech Poznan 27 18 3 6 43 19 57 3 Slask Wroclaw 27 12 7 8 40 36 43 ------------------------- 4 GKS Piast Gliwice 26 12 5 9 35 35 41 ------------------------- ...
The Face of Another (Tanin no kao) [DVD]
There is a great deal of rumination about faces in Hiroshi Teshigahara's The Face of Another (Tanin no kao)--what they are, what they represent, and, most importantly, what happens in their absence. I wonder if losing one's face deranges one's senses? asks the pro ... ...
Harry Gurney and Paul Franks took three wickets each as Nottinghamshire beat Surrey in a Championship match at Trent Bridge for the first time since 1992. The visitors, chasing a target of 259 to win, subsided meekly for 144 in seamer-friendly conditions. Franks (3-16) made the initial breakthrough, removing Rory Burns (53) and Zander de Bruyn (14). Steven Davies (28) was the only ...
RYTRO, Poland | Sat May 18, 2013 9:59am EDT RYTRO, Poland May 18 (Reuters) - There is little chance that consumer inflation in Poland will quickly return to the central bank's 2.5 percent target, a Monetary Policy Council member said on Saturday, leaving scope for further monetary easing. Jerzy Hausner, one of the central bank's 10 rate-setters, also told Reuters that economic ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Swiss-Grand Resort & Spa, Bondi Beach, Australia
Perfectly positioned alongside Sydney's World famous Bondi Beach, the Swiss-Grand is a great hotel, packed with uniqueness and extras. At ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Europe SunEurope Sun | All the News from Europe
The Sun covers all of Europe, and we are not talking about the weather. The Europe Sun is a major source of news for Europeans everywhere. People every day turn to the Europe Sun for breaking regional news, as well as stories from the vast number of countries and key cities in Europe. The online newspaper also brings you news coverage from the international scene, and business news and reports from the financial markets. There is a news poll regularly updated with votes on topics making the news. European and world sports cater to the sporting fans, and there are news articles about travel, lifestyle, stories on seniors and more. Weather forecasts are live. Covering Europe is no easy task, but The Europe Sun makes it look so. You can buy a newspaper in each city, or even the occasional regional newspaper, or you can look to the Europe Sun. Every day you will find news headlines from European countries Switzerland, Spain, Macedonia, the Netherlands, Russia, Portugal, Poland, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Finland, France, Hungary and Greece. Of course there is a heap more. Get the big stories from Paris, Vienna, Amsterdam, Brussels, Athens, Berlin, Dublin, Monte Carlo, Lisbon, Madrid, Barcelona, Stockholm, Geneva, and Zurich. Whether in Europe, on your way to, or from, this great land, go via The Sun.
Denmark has been crowned the winner of Eurovision song contest 2013 that were held in the Swedish city of Malmo.
Emmelie de Forest, 20, won the title with 281 points thanks to her splendid rendition of the song 'Only Teardrops', while Azerbaijan stood second 234 points, the BBC reported.
UK entrant Bonnie Tyler, 61, who is best known for her 1983 hit 'Total Eclipse of the Heart', had high hopes for her chances but came 19th which was an improvement on 2012's result, where Engelbert Humperdinck came second from last.
Ukraine followed in third and Norway in fourth.
De Forest, who sang her up-tempo tune barefoot, said that it made her feel closer to the ground and more relaxed.
At the post-event news conference, she told reporters that it had been quite stressful but it's also an amazing and wonderful thing that has happened to me.
She said that she surprised and shocked to receive the prize and it took her a while to realise that she had won.
She asserted that she believed in the song, but that's the exciting thing about Eurovision that one doesn't know what's going to happen.
Denmark had previously won in 1963 and 2000 and will now have the job of hosting the 59th contest in 2014. ...
- Belgian golfer loses Bulgarian competition after forced to tee from toilet
- Kljestan wins second consecutive Belgian league title
- Graeme McDowell marches on at the Volvo World Match Play after Nicolas Colsaerts comedy toilet break
- Belgium probes into counterfeit euros originating in China
- UPDATE 1-US judge revives Dexias mortgage lawsuit vs JPMorgan
- Heidi Klum spares weekends for kids
- Germany struggles to defend its reputation
- Cannes Alexandra Maria Lara Joins All-Star Cast for German Kids Book Adaptation
- Germans blame euro zone crisis for Eurovision debacle
- German minister calls EU move on China solar grave mistake
- Juventus confirm Tevez talks
- Pope Francis launches app Missio as Vatican Church embraces smartphone era
- Sampdoria beat Juventus 3-2 in Serie A final round
- Berlusconis bunga bunga parties featured nuns and nurses but no sex
- Serena Nadal win Italian Open titles
- Gay marriage can now take place in France
- Cannes prostitutes can make up to $40K a night
- Weepy Becks ends glittering career with PSG win
- Russia reviews adoption law over French gay marriage
- The new superstar at Cannes a ginger tom cat
- Man City agrees on record 54 mln-pound deal for Atleticos Falcao to usher in Pellegrini era
- Mourinho set for solo Chelsea return without Ronaldo after Real prez dismisses move
- Spain jobless restaurant customers work rather than pay the bill
- Real Madrid will face Blusens Monbus in the first round of the la Liga play-offs
- Spanish Egg and Cheese Ole
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Europe Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Gays may shake up Russian-Polish relations well
- Polish retailer LPP plans MidEast expansion
- New Berlin crashes leave motorcyclist dead teen cyclist in critical condition
- European Union to ban refillable olive oil jugs
- Soccer-Polish championship results and standings