Three planets - Venus, Jupiter, and Mercury will present a spectacular sky show during the last week of May. So, look low in the west-northwest after sunset in late May, and you can watch Venus, Jupiter, and Mercury pirouetting through the tightest gathering of three naked-eye planets that the world will see until 2026. "Here's a beautiful chance to see three planets all together," said Alan ...
Time spent by asthma patients soaking up the sun may help in the treatment of the illness, a research has said. A team of scientists at King's College London said vitamin D, which is made by the body in sunlight, calms an "over-active" part of the immune system in asthma, BBC reported. However, treating patients with vitamin D has not yet been tested. People with asthma find it hard to ...
India's rising star director Anurag Kashyap has complained that filmmakers in in the country still do not enjoy the kind of freedom of space and expression that would allow them to make meaningful films. "Today, we are forced to treat our audience as children of less than five years and hence we have to only make goody-goody films with a huge dose of escapism. I want to have the option making ...
Former U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Commissioner Douglas Shulman speaks during an interview with Reuters at his office in Washington in this October 8, 2009 file photo. REUTERS/Hyungwon Kang/Files WASHINGTON - A U.S. Senate panel will try on Tuesday to pry more details out of current and former officials of the Internal Revenue Service about the agency’s targeting of conservative ...
U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius (R) and Attorney General Eric Holder (2nd R) lead a news conference to announce Medicare Fraud Strike Force law enforcement actions at the Justice Department in Washington, May 14, 2013. Also pictured is FBI Assistant Director Ron Hosko (L). REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst WASHINGTON - With the White House already reeling from three major ...
Silent Running [DVD]
Some three decades after its unsuccessful theatrical release and later elevation to cult status, Douglas Trumbull's Silent Running is terribly dated, but still intriguing didactic science fiction. Taking place in the early years of the 21st century, it posits a time in which all plant life on earth has been destroyed, and the only remaining traces of vegetation are in carefully nurtured for ... ...
MOORE, Oklahoma (Reuters) - At least 91 people, including 20 children, were feared killed when a 2 mile wide tornado tore through an Oklahoma City suburb, trapping victims beneath the rubble as one elementary school took a direct hit and another was ...
(Fotolia) A pair of donkeys will be put down after they chased down a pensioner on his motor scooter, dragged him off and killed him. Sandor Horvath, 65, a retired firefighter, was visiting a pal's farm in Magyarszecsod, Hungary, last week when he was attacked by killer donkeys Muki and Szamoca. The animals bit and trampled him to death after dragging him about 50 ...
Webcomics are a popular, diverse and increasingly widespread format that most people are blissfully unaware. To address this, an interview was conducted with the team behind the popular UK-based webcomic Exterminatus ...
Qualifying high school and college students will have the opportunity to learn the basics of biology field studies while earning college credit at a free science program.Jarvis Christian College is accepting applications to its national Science Foundation Summer Science Institute, which will run from June 9 to July 18, according to a news release from the college.The institute is offering a ...
US tech giant Yahoo has snapped up Tumblr in a major US deal that will reportedly net the blogging site's 26-year-old founder a 250 million US dollar (£164 million) fortune six years after he started ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort
Only 20 miles from Kono International Airport on the Big Island of Hawaii. Access is easy, just turn left at ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Europe SunEurope Sun | All the News from Europe
The Sun covers all of Europe, and we are not talking about the weather. The Europe Sun is a major source of news for Europeans everywhere. People every day turn to the Europe Sun for breaking regional news, as well as stories from the vast number of countries and key cities in Europe. The online newspaper also brings you news coverage from the international scene, and business news and reports from the financial markets. There is a news poll regularly updated with votes on topics making the news. European and world sports cater to the sporting fans, and there are news articles about travel, lifestyle, stories on seniors and more. Weather forecasts are live. Covering Europe is no easy task, but The Europe Sun makes it look so. You can buy a newspaper in each city, or even the occasional regional newspaper, or you can look to the Europe Sun. Every day you will find news headlines from European countries Switzerland, Spain, Macedonia, the Netherlands, Russia, Portugal, Poland, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Finland, France, Hungary and Greece. Of course there is a heap more. Get the big stories from Paris, Vienna, Amsterdam, Brussels, Athens, Berlin, Dublin, Monte Carlo, Lisbon, Madrid, Barcelona, Stockholm, Geneva, and Zurich. Whether in Europe, on your way to, or from, this great land, go via The Sun.
Russian counter-terrorism agents have foiled a terrorist attack on Moscow, killing two of the plotters and arrested another.
The National Anti-Terrorism Committee said the terrorist group was located in a house in the town of Orekhovo-Zuyevo, east of the capital.
According to the BBC, the suspects are said to be Russian citizens who had undergone training in the Afghanistan-Pakistan region.
Unnamed official sources told Russian news agencies the group had planned to target a mass event in central Moscow.
All the three terrorists were Muslims and had been under observation for a month, a source said, adding that they had been trained in North Waziristan, a mountainous region of north-west Pakistan and a stronghold of Taliban and al-Qaeda-linked militants.
The authorities are investigating possible links between the suspects and the militant Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan, the source said. (ANI)
- EU antitrust regulators to rule on ICE NYSE deal by June 24
- Soccer-Belgian championship final fixtures
- Barloworld sells Belgian business
- Research and Markets Belgium Expected to Grow More Briskly Than It Did During 2001-2012 and Reach an Estimated $633 ...
- Lepchenko wins three-setter in Brussels Open
- New England football kit compared to old German strip
- Drinking alcohol during puberty makes you addicts
- Germany on track for solid second quarter recovery - Bundesbank
- Farage Germans keen to keep UK in EU not Brits
- How the French economy compares to Germanys UKs
- Man held for sexually assaulting girlfriend in Italy
- The Emirati artist Mohammed Kazem to show at the Venice Biennale
- Young People Cast Out Of Italys Welfare System
- Italys PM Exiting EU Deficit Procedure is Priority
- In 2nd message on Edict of Milan Pope Francis calls for recognition of religious freedom
- Eva Longoria mocks wardrobe malfunction by flashing undies in sheer dress
- Andhra markets GAME city at Cannes
- Depardieu to open restaurant in Russian city
- Justin Timberlake is in demand on Cannes red carpet
- Miley Cyrus and Paris Hilton trapped in swatting incident again
- Update-MoodysDutch RMBS 60+ day delinquencies continued to increase in March 2013
- Quintiq to Host Executive Meeting for Metals Industry
- The Netherlands fifth best Western European country to invest in
- Top-level speed skating must stay in Friesland says champion Kramer
- Dutch bid for GB sailors
- Woods not interested in truce with Gracia anytime soon
- Real Madrid president says coach Mourinho wasnt sacked
- Barcelona to make 20 mln pounds move for Man City skipper Vincent Kompany
- Spain not yet on Brazils level Iniesta
- Real Madrid release Mourinho but PSG refuse to part with Ancelotti - video
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Europe Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Polands debt at zł.826 billion in March
- UOKiK approves takeover of CEDC
- Iconic movie rental network shuts down
- Poland Shale Boom Falters as State Targets Higher Taxes Energy
- SocGen Joins UniCredit in Warsaw as Equity Sales Surge