German supermodel Heidi Klum always keeps her weekends free for her children. The 39-year-old raises kids Leni, nine, Henry, seven, Johan, six and Lou, three, with former husband Seal. Despite her busy schedule, she tries to be spend quality time with them whenever possible. "I keep weekends open and wrap my workday at a reasonable hour so I'm home for dinner and bedtime stories," ...
European Union proposals to eliminate one and two cent euro coins is annoying some Germans, including a few at the Bundesbank, while others think an EU idea to introduce one and two-euro notes is a good ...
"I'm not out to make people feel guilty. It's not my wish to have Richard Wagner banned. I'm just not one of the adulators, the incense-burners," Gottfried Wagner told AFP in an interview. There is no mistaking who Gottfried is descended from. The resemblance is striking. He has: the same prominent nose and high forehead that have marked out most of Wagner's ...
Eurovision Song Contest favourite Denmark won the competition on Saturday night, while Germany plunged to 21st ...
Highlights: SC Freiburg 1-2 Schalke 04 Schalke booked a place in the Champions League qualifiers next season by winning away at Freiburg, but the real drama came at the other end of the table as Fortuna Dusseldorf were relegated after dropping into the bottom two with just eight minutes of the season to ...
Steven Soderbergh is a tough director to put your finger on. He exploded onto the scene in 1989 with the indie groundbreaker "sex, lies, and videotape," and his career since then has been a journey of stylistic experimentation across numerous genres. In 1998, he made a bold move toward the mainstream with the uniformly excellent "Out of Sight," in which he energized what could have been a routine ... ...
Germany has approved new measures to rein in high-risk financial business of banks and to decouple them from retail banking as part of a comprehensive reform to prevent a repeat of the financial crisis five years ago and to minimise the costs for taxpayers if banks were to be bailed out in the ...
Separate accidents in New Berlin left a 22-year-old man dead and a 15-year-old girl in critical condition. Dustin Hanson of Big Bend died Saturday of injuries sustained in a traffic accident Friday at the intersection of Moorland Road and Coffee Road. Hanson was operating a motorcycle going southbound on Moorland Road when it collided with an automobile turning westbound onto Coffee Road, ...
France has a special responsibility as a euro zone heavyweight to take deficit reduction rules seriously, even though its budget deficit is above target, Bundesbank President Jens Weidmann said in an interview published on ...
As the musical world lavishly celebrates Richard Wagner's bicentenary, the composer's great-grandson insists he is no spoilsport by denouncing the German master as a narcissist, woman-hater and an anti-Semite. "I'm not out to make people feel guilty. It's not my wish to have Richard Wagner banned. I'm just not one of the adulators, the incense-burners," ...
German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle said Saturday that his visit to Algeria aims at deepening the bilateral relations both on the political and economic levels between Algiers and ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hilton Baynunah Tower
The drive from Abu Dhabi International Airport was about 40 kilometres. We arrived into the city, and out along the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Europe SunEurope Sun | All the News from Europe
The Sun covers all of Europe, and we are not talking about the weather. The Europe Sun is a major source of news for Europeans everywhere. People every day turn to the Europe Sun for breaking regional news, as well as stories from the vast number of countries and key cities in Europe. The online newspaper also brings you news coverage from the international scene, and business news and reports from the financial markets. There is a news poll regularly updated with votes on topics making the news. European and world sports cater to the sporting fans, and there are news articles about travel, lifestyle, stories on seniors and more. Weather forecasts are live. Covering Europe is no easy task, but The Europe Sun makes it look so. You can buy a newspaper in each city, or even the occasional regional newspaper, or you can look to the Europe Sun. Every day you will find news headlines from European countries Switzerland, Spain, Macedonia, the Netherlands, Russia, Portugal, Poland, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Finland, France, Hungary and Greece. Of course there is a heap more. Get the big stories from Paris, Vienna, Amsterdam, Brussels, Athens, Berlin, Dublin, Monte Carlo, Lisbon, Madrid, Barcelona, Stockholm, Geneva, and Zurich. Whether in Europe, on your way to, or from, this great land, go via The Sun.
It was a violent day in Iraq Saturday with at least 11 people killed and 10 policemen kidnapped as hatred simmers between the ruling Shi'ite majority and the Sunni minority.
Gunmen broke into the home of an anti-terrorism policeman in the Baghdad suburb of Rasheed, killing him, his wife, and two children. Another security officer was killed elsewhere in Rasheed.
Police say gunmen killed a Sunni cleric near his home in the southern port city of Basra and a car bomb exploded in the town of Latifiya, killing at least one person. Suspected Sunni Muslims kidnapped at least 10 policemen in Ramadi, near the Syrian border.
Iraq's Sunni population says the Shi'ite-led government of Prime Minister Nouri-al-Maliki has been ignoring their needs while targeting them for arrests since taking power 10 years ago.
On Friday, 70 people were killed in a series of bomb attacks targeting Sunnis, including two blasts outside a mosque north of Baghdad. Bombings and other violence have killed more than 100 people in Iraq in the past week.
- Belgium probes into counterfeit euros originating in China
- UPDATE 1-US judge revives Dexias mortgage lawsuit vs JPMorgan
- Belgian golfer beaten by Bulgarian toilet
- Cannes Alanis Morissette Cast in Kickstarter Project
- Goal Belgium to Bring ‘A’ Team to Play U.S.
- Heidi Klum spares weekends for kids
- Some fear inflation if small euro coins cut
- Wagner descendant slams composer
- Did Merkels politics hurt Germany at Eurovision
- Bundesliga Schalke joy Dusseldorf down
- Sampdoria beat Juventus 3-2 in Serie A final round
- Berlusconis bunga bunga parties featured nuns and nurses but no sex
- Ancelotti warns Chelsea-bound Mourinho to beware of sack
- Italys Impregilo leads $2bn Doha metro deal win
- Ukrainians WWII love for Italian immortalised in sculpture
- Gay marriage can now take place in France
- Cannes prostitutes can make up to $40K a night
- Weepy Becks ends glittering career with PSG win
- Russia reviews adoption law over French gay marriage
- Preity Zinta makes her debut as producer in Ishkq in Paris in Mumbai
- Toulon hang on to win Heineken Cup
- Toulon 16 Clermont Auvergne 15 Heineken Cup final match report Delon Armitage and Jonny Wilkinson finally bring reward for Toulon
- Upcoming water footprint training courses in the Netherlands Korea South Africa Spain
- Ana Holland of Regis speeds to 5A 100-meter dash title in nation-best time
- Heineken Cup final scoring
- Man City agrees on record 54 mln-pound deal for Atleticos Falcao to usher in Pellegrini era
- Mourinho set for solo Chelsea return without Ronaldo after Real prez dismisses move
- Ancelotti warns Chelsea-bound Mourinho to beware of sack
- Under fire Mourinho rues worst year of career following Reals Spanish Cup loss
- Spain court charges 22 policemen
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Europe Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Polish retailer LPP plans MidEast expansion
- New Berlin crashes leave motorcyclist dead teen cyclist in critical condition
- European Union to ban refillable olive oil jugs
- Soccer-Polish championship results and standings
- Notts seamers polish off Surrey