A novel oral, inactivated Escherichia coli diarrhea vaccine has been developed in Sweden and a clinical phase I-study of this vaccine has now been successfully completed. Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) bacteria are the primary cause of diarrhea in children living in low and middle income countries result in 400 million diarrheal episodes and approximately 300 000 deaths among children ...
The 54,512 home sales recorded in Spain in this year's first quarter represent a decline of 21.5 percent from the same period in 2012, the development ministry said. Foreigners were the buyers in 17 percent of the transactions. The decline in the first quarter reflects the impact in the sector of the end of the tax deduction for buying a primary residence and the increase in the levy on new ...
The heads of state and government of the European Union held a summit Wednesday in an effort to make more progress in fighting tax evasion and tax fraud. EU leaders are targeting tax crimes both within the borders of their countries and in foreign tax havens despite the reluctance of Austria and Luxembourg. The leaders of the EU's 27 member states are expected to give the go ahead to the ...
Italy has the lowest graduation rates in Europe with just one-fifth of people aged 30-34 holding a university degree, according to a study. A total of 31 percent of Italian families cannot afford to pay for their children's university studies, and must take out loans or have their offspring seek jobs to help fund tuition and living costs, said the report by charity Save the Children. It said ...
A 68-year-old American tourist underwent emergency surgery to remove a kidney after he was stabbed in Italy's Florence city. The tourist, who was not named, was attacked near the famous Duomo cathedral. Doctors at the Santa Maria Nuova hospital said the man suffered knife wounds to a kidney and a lung but was no longer critical, and was conscious and breathing unaided. Police arrested a ...
It is so rare that a sequel improves upon the original, but that is exactly what Sam Raimi and company have done with the magnificent Spider-Man 2. The movie keeps the same formula of balancing angst-ridden pathos with thrilling special-effects-laden action, but this time aro ... ...
MOSCOW Thorbjorn Jagland, secretary general of the Council of Europe, has told President Vladimir Putin that the human rights body is concerned about Russia's law requiring non-governmental organizations to register as foreign agents. Jagland said Europe will watch how the Kremlin implements the law that went in effect last November, a measure requiring non-governmental organizations ...
ISLAMABAD -- A U.S.-based international press watchdog organization is calling for the incoming Pakistan government led by Nawaz Sharif to take urgent steps to stem "the murderous silencing" of the press by bringing to justice those who have attacked journalists. The Committee to Protect Journalists said many reporters killed in Pakistan during the past decade were targeted and ...
"This is a hard day for me," said coach Guy Luzon after naming his final 23-man squad for this summer's UEFA European Under-21 Championship on home ...
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States on Thursday called on Europe to act decisively to boost its economy and counter the risk of a protracted stagnation that would undermine economic growth in America."Decisive action is needed now to restart demand and avoid the risk of protracted stagnation," U.S. Treasury Under Secretary Lael Brainard told U.S. lawmakers.Speaking for the ...
Last week, the European Commission, the EU's executive branch, said that restaurants should only be allowed to serve oil to customers in non-refillable bottles with proper content labeling. The refillable bottles are a staple on restaurant tables across Europe for diners who want to douse bread or ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Hawaii Prince Hotel
I took a cab from downtown Waikiki to the Hawaii Prince Hotel. It was only a few minutes, and cost ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Europe SunEurope Sun | All the News from Europe
The Sun covers all of Europe, and we are not talking about the weather. The Europe Sun is a major source of news for Europeans everywhere. People every day turn to the Europe Sun for breaking regional news, as well as stories from the vast number of countries and key cities in Europe. The online newspaper also brings you news coverage from the international scene, and business news and reports from the financial markets. There is a news poll regularly updated with votes on topics making the news. European and world sports cater to the sporting fans, and there are news articles about travel, lifestyle, stories on seniors and more. Weather forecasts are live. Covering Europe is no easy task, but The Europe Sun makes it look so. You can buy a newspaper in each city, or even the occasional regional newspaper, or you can look to the Europe Sun. Every day you will find news headlines from European countries Switzerland, Spain, Macedonia, the Netherlands, Russia, Portugal, Poland, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Finland, France, Hungary and Greece. Of course there is a heap more. Get the big stories from Paris, Vienna, Amsterdam, Brussels, Athens, Berlin, Dublin, Monte Carlo, Lisbon, Madrid, Barcelona, Stockholm, Geneva, and Zurich. Whether in Europe, on your way to, or from, this great land, go via The Sun.
A novel oral, inactivated Escherichia coli diarrhea vaccine has been developed in Sweden and a clinical phase I-study of this vaccine has now been successfully completed.
Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) bacteria are the primary cause of diarrhea in children living in low and middle income countries result in 400 million diarrheal episodes and approximately 300 000 deaths among children per year.
ETEC is also the leading cause of illness among international travelers to developing countries. Among the 65 million people travelling from industrialized countries to ETEC high-risk areas in the developing world, 30-50 percent (ca 30 million people) experience at least one TD episode during their journey.
Today there is no ETEC vaccine available on the market for use in either children or travelers in ETEC high-risk areas.
The University of Gothenburg Vaccine Research Institute (GUVAX) has announced successful results of the oral ETEC vaccine in a placebo-controlled phase I study.
All predefined primary endpoints for the study were achieved showing that the vaccine is safe, with only few and mild adverse reactions observed, and strongly immunogenic, stimulating immune responses to all vaccine components. ...
- Europe attempts to pass a third port directive
- Best set of dentures in the world could carry Printed in Belgium label
- Total invests 1 billion in Antwerp
- Zappware improves Numericable UI in Luxembourg Belgium
- Belgium welcome Group 6 hopefuls
- Angela Merkel tops Forbes Most Powerful Women list for third successive year
- Keep your socks on - autumn is in the air
- German football giants to do battle on English soil
- German domination of football Not quite
- Deutsche Bank says confident for 2013
- Swiss free-trade deal a key global sign Li Keqiang
- Swiss Bank Sees U.S. Fine as Part of Deferred Prosecution Deal
- Syrian opposition mulls stance in Geneva conference in Istanbul
- China Switzerland get more to cooperate on
- Swiss Franc Surges Most Since 2011 on Haven Demand Zurich Mover
- Italian envoy terms visit to Amritsar as successful
- Captain of ill-fated Costa Concordia to face trial for manslaughter
- Italy has lowest graduate share in Europe
- Policeman shoots wife dead commits suicide
- US tourist stabbed in Italy loses kidney
- 25 killed 30 injured in suicide attacks in Niger
- Rosario Dawson suffers wardrobe malfunction by flashing undies at Cannes
- Paris Hilton planning to marry toyboy beau by year end
- IMF head Christine Lagarde in Paris court in fraud probe
- French Open preview Nadal dominance to continue
- Four debutants in Dutch squad for Indonesia China friendlies
- Dutch arrest meat works owner in horse meat probe
- Flevoland cities create the most new jobs
- Dutch aluminum products maker Constellium NV trades down in debut
- Dutch arrest company head in horsemeat scandal
- Pellegrini announces Malaga departure
- Santos reject Barcelona Neymar bid
- Home sales fall in Spain
- Spanish woe -- A submarine that can’t swim
- Barcelona extends Adrianos deal through to 2017
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Europe Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- European leaders hold summit on tax evasion
- Berlin to host 2015 UEFA Champions League Final
- Soccer-Berlin and Warsaw to stage European finals in 2015
- National Stadium to host 2015 Europa League final
- Berlin and Warsaw to Stage European Finals in 2015