A novel oral, inactivated Escherichia coli diarrhea vaccine has been developed in Sweden and a clinical phase I-study of this vaccine has now been successfully completed. Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) bacteria are the primary cause of diarrhea in children living in low and middle income countries result in 400 million diarrheal episodes and approximately 300 000 deaths among children ...
The 54,512 home sales recorded in Spain in this year's first quarter represent a decline of 21.5 percent from the same period in 2012, the development ministry said. Foreigners were the buyers in 17 percent of the transactions. The decline in the first quarter reflects the impact in the sector of the end of the tax deduction for buying a primary residence and the increase in the levy on new ...
The heads of state and government of the European Union held a summit Wednesday in an effort to make more progress in fighting tax evasion and tax fraud. EU leaders are targeting tax crimes both within the borders of their countries and in foreign tax havens despite the reluctance of Austria and Luxembourg. The leaders of the EU's 27 member states are expected to give the go ahead to the ...
Italy has the lowest graduation rates in Europe with just one-fifth of people aged 30-34 holding a university degree, according to a study. A total of 31 percent of Italian families cannot afford to pay for their children's university studies, and must take out loans or have their offspring seek jobs to help fund tuition and living costs, said the report by charity Save the Children. It said ...
A 68-year-old American tourist underwent emergency surgery to remove a kidney after he was stabbed in Italy's Florence city. The tourist, who was not named, was attacked near the famous Duomo cathedral. Doctors at the Santa Maria Nuova hospital said the man suffered knife wounds to a kidney and a lung but was no longer critical, and was conscious and breathing unaided. Police arrested a ...
It is so rare that a sequel improves upon the original, but that is exactly what Sam Raimi and company have done with the magnificent Spider-Man 2. The movie keeps the same formula of balancing angst-ridden pathos with thrilling special-effects-laden action, but this time aro ... ...
MOSCOW Thorbjorn Jagland, secretary general of the Council of Europe, has told President Vladimir Putin that the human rights body is concerned about Russia's law requiring non-governmental organizations to register as foreign agents. Jagland said Europe will watch how the Kremlin implements the law that went in effect last November, a measure requiring non-governmental organizations ...
Japan's Nikkei stock index tumbled 7.3 percent after release of the report showing Chinese factory production dropped in May for the first time in seven months. It was the biggest one-day loss since Japan's March 2011 tsunami and nuclear disaster. Stocks in London, Paris and Frankfurt followed suit, dropping about 2 percent. U.S. future indexes fell ahead of the opening of ...
World record international scorer Mia Hamm will be at tonight's final at Stamford Bridge and expects a "hard-fought match" as she talked up Alex Popp and fellow American Megan ...
Viola Odebrecht will miss Germany's UEFA Women's EURO 2013 campaign as she undergoes a knee operation, with 22-year-old Isabelle Linden being slated in as her ...
"It has been an incredible journey and I am glad it will continue," said former England defender Rio Ferdinand after signing a new one-year contract at Manchester United ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Hawaii Prince Hotel
I took a cab from downtown Waikiki to the Hawaii Prince Hotel. It was only a few minutes, and cost ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Europe SunEurope Sun | All the News from Europe
The Sun covers all of Europe, and we are not talking about the weather. The Europe Sun is a major source of news for Europeans everywhere. People every day turn to the Europe Sun for breaking regional news, as well as stories from the vast number of countries and key cities in Europe. The online newspaper also brings you news coverage from the international scene, and business news and reports from the financial markets. There is a news poll regularly updated with votes on topics making the news. European and world sports cater to the sporting fans, and there are news articles about travel, lifestyle, stories on seniors and more. Weather forecasts are live. Covering Europe is no easy task, but The Europe Sun makes it look so. You can buy a newspaper in each city, or even the occasional regional newspaper, or you can look to the Europe Sun. Every day you will find news headlines from European countries Switzerland, Spain, Macedonia, the Netherlands, Russia, Portugal, Poland, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Finland, France, Hungary and Greece. Of course there is a heap more. Get the big stories from Paris, Vienna, Amsterdam, Brussels, Athens, Berlin, Dublin, Monte Carlo, Lisbon, Madrid, Barcelona, Stockholm, Geneva, and Zurich. Whether in Europe, on your way to, or from, this great land, go via The Sun.
A novel oral, inactivated Escherichia coli diarrhea vaccine has been developed in Sweden and a clinical phase I-study of this vaccine has now been successfully completed.
Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) bacteria are the primary cause of diarrhea in children living in low and middle income countries result in 400 million diarrheal episodes and approximately 300 000 deaths among children per year.
ETEC is also the leading cause of illness among international travelers to developing countries. Among the 65 million people travelling from industrialized countries to ETEC high-risk areas in the developing world, 30-50 percent (ca 30 million people) experience at least one TD episode during their journey.
Today there is no ETEC vaccine available on the market for use in either children or travelers in ETEC high-risk areas.
The University of Gothenburg Vaccine Research Institute (GUVAX) has announced successful results of the oral ETEC vaccine in a placebo-controlled phase I study.
All predefined primary endpoints for the study were achieved showing that the vaccine is safe, with only few and mild adverse reactions observed, and strongly immunogenic, stimulating immune responses to all vaccine components. ...
- Europe attempts to pass a third port directive
- Best set of dentures in the world could carry Printed in Belgium label
- Total invests 1 billion in Antwerp
- Zappware improves Numericable UI in Luxembourg Belgium
- Belgium welcome Group 6 hopefuls
- Angela Merkel tops Forbes Most Powerful Women list for third successive year
- Ten German body parts
- German Leading Index Rises Further CB
- Berlin to host 2015 Champions League final
- German Werder Bremen signs striker Petersen from Bayern
- Swiss Bank Sees U.S. Fine as Part of Deferred Prosecution Deal
- Syrian opposition mulls stance in Geneva conference in Istanbul
- China Switzerland get more to cooperate on
- Swiss Franc Surges Most Since 2011 on Haven Demand Zurich Mover
- Kufuor Back Home From Zurich Cape Town
- Italian envoy terms visit to Amritsar as successful
- Captain of ill-fated Costa Concordia to face trial for manslaughter
- Italy has lowest graduate share in Europe
- Policeman shoots wife dead commits suicide
- US tourist stabbed in Italy loses kidney
- Rosario Dawson suffers wardrobe malfunction by flashing undies at Cannes
- Paris Hilton planning to marry toyboy beau by year end
- Sorrentino serves up a cinema banquet at Cannes
- Hamm on Wolfsburg-Lyon final Rapinoe
- EU lawmakers back French push to limit U.S. trade talks
- Four debutants in Dutch squad for Indonesia China friendlies
- Dutch arrest company head in horsemeat scandal
- Dutch trader arrested for horsemeat fraud
- Helping an illegal immigrant not a criminal offence says minister
- Ad break Peugeots Wacky Races Heineken adds some Irish humour
- Pellegrini announces Malaga departure
- Santos reject Barcelona Neymar bid
- Home sales fall in Spain
- Real Sociedad coach to leave at end of season
- Jose a failure at Madrid Ramon Calderon
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Europe Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- European leaders hold summit on tax evasion
- Berlin to host 2015 UEFA Champions League Final
- Soccer-Berlin and Warsaw to stage European finals in 2015
- National Stadium to host 2015 Europa League final
- Berlin and Warsaw to Stage European Finals in 2015